Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lindsay's Intro


Hello All!

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself; as the newest member of the sales and marketing team we figured a proper introduction was necessary so I can really start working with all of you!
Growing up on a little farm in North Central Ohio taught me many lessons including the value of hard work and dedication.  A lot of patience too.  I remember being a young child and the year I planted my first row of carrots - they were all mine and I was very excited about it - only to learn that there is a lot of work and time in between planting a seed, watching it grow, and then finally taking in the harvest.
When it was time for me to start thinking about college, I couldn't wait to get away.  I started with schools that were the farthest away, as in the University of Hawaii far away, and had to work my way back closer to home because my mom would not hear of me being that far from home.  I only got one state away, finally settling on Eastern Kentucky University for their Forensic Science program.  Proudly, I was a double major in Forensic Chemistry and Forensic Biology with dreams of working in a forensic lab (hey, I'm at a photography lab ... that's close) in some big city.  So why am I here?  Just stick with me; patience, remember?
Two years into my blossoming education I changed my major to English.  My dad didn't speak to me for two months, claimed I was taking the 'easy way out;' which is easy to say for a guy who never even went to college in the first place.  I always had a knack for writing and loved doing it but never thought to make a career out of it.  I knew that I didn't want to be a teacher and creative writing is really hit or miss (if only I would have thought of 'Twilight'!).  But my advisor at the time suggested another course and that was Technical Writing.  She told me that through this major I could combine my creativity and writing passion with the science and technical side.  So, years later, I finally graduated with my Bachelors of Art in English with an Emphasis in Technical Writing.
Long story short, I moved back home in the spring of 2011 and worked for the Ohio Department of Transportation but only temporarily.  Since I knew that job would end in the fall I was looking locally for a new job to replace that one.  I went to the local temp office and put in my resume and within a couple days they called me and said 'We have the perfect job for you!'  That job would be at Marco Photo.  I had never heard of them, even growing up in the area, but went in for the interview anyway.  And you can see how the interview went.
I am very happy to be with Marco and to have the chance to get to know, and to work with, each and every one of you and I look forward to many years to come!

No comments: